Regardless of the industry or niche, staying ahead of the curve is not just an advantage but a necessity. As a sales leader, your role is pivotal in shaping your team’s success and, ultimately, your organization.
But how do you keep up with the ever-evolving sale landscape? How do you ensure you’re always at the top of your game? The answer might be more straightforward than you think: podcasts.
Podcasts have surged in popularity over the past few years, offering a wealth of knowledge, insights, and inspiration at your fingertips. And the best part? You can listen to them anytime, anywhere – during your morning commute, while working out, or even as you wind down for the day.
Sale Podcasts in a Nutshell
What exactly is the buzz about the best sale podcasts? And why should you, as a sale leader, care about them? Let’s break it down.
A B2B sale podcast is a digital audio or video file series you can listen to or watch at your convenience. Think of it as a radio or TV show you can access anytime, anywhere, and pause or replay as you wish.
It’s a medium that has revolutionized how we consume information and learn new things.
Now, let’s narrow it down to sales podcasts. As the name suggests, these are podcasts tailored explicitly for any sale expert. The best sale podcast delves into the nitty-gritty of sale strategies, trends, and supervision.
A B2B sale podcast is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and insights you need to excel in your role as a b2b sale leader.
So, imagine having a personal mentor who’s an industry expert, ready to share their wisdom and experience with you at your convenience. That’s the magic of a good podcast for sale leader.
It’s not just about the knowledge you gain; it’s about the perspectives you encounter, the ideas that get sparked, and the strategies you can immediately implement.
Such shows offer insights from leading authorities who have been in your shoes and have valuable lessons to share.
In a nutshell, a podcast for any leader in sale is a powerful tool for continuous learning and professional development. They offer a convenient, flexible, and engaging way to stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced and ever-evolving sale landscape.
So, why not tune in and take your sales management skills to the next level?
Podcasts for Sales Leadership: 7 Best Ones to Add to Your To-Listen List
1. The Sales Evangelist
Donald C. Kelly, a seasoned sale expert with a decade of experience, hosts The Sales Evangelist podcast for managers and supervisors. This engaging digital broadcast releases new episodes regularly, ensuring a constant stream of fresh insights for its listeners.
The Sales Evangelist podcast is a comprehensive guide for a sale expert covering various b2b sale-related topics – from prospecting strategies to closing deals to nurturing relationships.
For any b2b sales leader, this TSE is more than just a podcast; it’s a valuable resource for growth and development. Kelly’s decade-long experience in sales lends authenticity and depth to his advice, making each episode a learning experience.
The show’s focus on practical insights and actionable tips ensures that you can immediately implement what you learn in your strategies. Moreover, the wide range of topics covered means that there’s something for every manager in sale landscape, regardless of their experience level or industry.
Here are some top episodes that cover topics about management:
- TSE 1301: How To Motivate Your Sales Team – This episode provides insights into practical strategies for motivating your team.
- TSE 1295: Sales Objections 101 | The Budget Objection – In this episode, Kelly dives into handling budget objections, a common challenge for supervisors.
- TSE 1283: Leading A Sales Team During A Crisis – This episode offers valuable advice on leading a team during challenging times.
- TSE 1279: How To Build A Successful, Diverse, and Inclusive Sales Organization – Kelly discusses the importance of diversity and inclusion in organizations.
2. The Sales Hacker Podcast
Hosted by the charismatic Sam Jacobs, The Sales Hacker Podcast is a weekly show you can tune into on platforms like Audible and Spotify. With a consistent release of new episodes every Tuesday, you’re guaranteed a fresh dose of wisdom each week.
The Sales Hacker Podcast is a treasure trove of insights featuring in-depth interviews with every b2b sale leader in sale. It offers a comprehensive exploration of the sales landscape – from strategy and technology to management – ensuring a holistic understanding of the sale ecosystem.
Managers and supervisors can acquire actionable tips that can be immediately implemented, enhancing their skills and strategies. The show’s focus on leadership development makes it a must-listen for those looking to step up their supervision approaches.
Here are some top episodes that cover topics about selling management:
- The Power of Sales Culture with Brendan McAdams: This episode delves into the importance of cultivating a strong culture and its impact on team performance.
- The Art of Sales Enablement with Elay Cohen: In this episode, Elay Cohen discusses the role of sales enablement in boosting productivity and effectiveness.
- Building a High-Performance Sales Team with Amy Appleyard: Amy Appleyard shares her insights on how to build and lead a high-performing team in this episode.
- Sales Leadership Lessons from Gong’s Kelly Wright: Kelly Wright shares her valuable lessons on supervision, drawing from her experience at Gong.
3. Selling Made Simple and The Salesman Podcast
Will Barron, a seasoned marketer with a decade-long experience, hosts the highly-rated Selling Made Simple and The Salesman Podcast. These digital broadcasts are regularly updated with new episodes and are available on various platforms, including the official Salesman.com website and Spotify.
“Selling Made Simple” and “The Salesman Podcast” are dedicated to B2B sales. What sets these shows apart is Barron’s unique perspective, drawn from his extensive experience and hundreds of interviews with several leading authorities in the industry – prospecting, negotiation, and closing deals.
These are designed to help professionals learn how to find buyers and win business from them in a modern, effective, and ethical way.
By tuning into these shows, leaders can gain a deeper understanding of the sales process, learn new strategies, and stay updated with the latest trends in the industry.
Here are some top episodes from these audio programs that cover topics about supervision:
- How to Sell by the Numbers: This episode provides a deep dive into the importance of data and how to leverage it for success.
- Introduction and 5-Rules Of Sales: An excellent starting point for new listeners, this episode outlines the five fundamental rules.
- Turn on Sales Extroversion, Instantly: This episode explores the concept of extroversion and offers practical tips on enhancing it.
- How to Control the Follow-up Meeting: Listeners learn strategies to control follow-up meetings and drive them toward success effectively.
4. Sales Gravy
The Sales Gravy podcast is a treasure trove of insights for marketing enthusiasts. It is hosted by Jeb Blount – a renowned sale acceleration specialist and bestselling author.
Sales Gravy provides practical, actionable advice essential for sales rep and leaders who are determined to win and win big.
This digital broadcast offers a wealth of knowledge and insights to help leaders improve their coaching and training skills. It features interviews with top experts, authors, and thought leaders, providing them with various perspectives and strategies to enhance their management skills.
Here are some of the top episodes of this b2b sale podcast:
- Leading Your Sales Team In Uncertain Times – Feat. Graham Hooper: This episode discusses the keys to leading your team in uncertain times, focusing on handling decision deferment objections and conducting thorough research during the discovery phase of the selling process.
- The Five Questions You Should Be Asking On Every Discovery Call: This episode dives into the art of great discovery, discussing how to ask questions that build rapport and create engagement.
- Vera Stewart Doesn’t Take No For An Answer | A Story of Persistence: This episode features a conversation with celebrity chef and entrepreneur Vera Stewart, discussing how persistence and a “never take no for an answer” mindset can help build a business empire.
- The Keys to Leading a Multi-Generational Sales Team: This episode discusses the challenges and rewards of building teams from diverse age groups, providing valuable insights for leaders managing multi-generational teams.
5. The Advanced Selling Podcast
Bill Caskey and Bryan Neale host the Advanced Selling Podcast. You can tune in to this audio program on various platforms, including Spotify, making it easily accessible for leaders on the go.
The podcast is a deep dive into sales coaching and training. It covers various topics – prospecting, lead generation, and closing deals.
As a sales rep or leader, you stand to gain immensely from this podcast. It offers actionable insights and strategies that you can implement immediately. The hosts’ focus on mindset and psychology provides a fresh perspective on supervision, helping you understand how to overcome obstacles and motivate your team effectively.
Moreover, the show’s emphasis on practical training can help you hone your skills and become a more effective leader.
Here are some top episodes that cover various aspects of supervision:
- Episode #748: Engaging the C-Suite: This episode delves into the importance of involving top-level executives, particularly CEOs.
- Episode #750: Creating a Stellar Customer Experience: Caskey and Neale discuss creating a memorable customer experience that can increase conversions and customer loyalty.
- Episode #747: Avoiding Burnout in Sales: This episode provides valuable insights on preventing burnout and maintaining high productivity and motivation levels.
- Episode #746: Finding Your Ideal Client – Part #2: The hosts discuss strategies to identify and attract your ideal clients in this episode.
6. The Sales Management. Simplified
Mike Weinberg, a globally trusted sale expert, hosts The Sales Management. Simplified Podcast. The podcast releases new episodes regularly and can be accessed on popular platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
This sale leadership podcast focuses on creating a healthy, high-performing culture and driving long-term growth. Topics covered range from hiring and onboarding salespeople to coaching and managing any underperforming sales rep and developing a winning culture.
This audio program benefits managers as it provides a no-nonsense approach to sale management. Mike Weinberg shares real-world examples and powerful, practical techniques to maximize management effectiveness.
The insights gained from this podcast can help leaders build and lead high-performing teams, making it a must-listen for managers.
Here are some of the best episodes of this podcast for sale managers and supervisors.
- The Dangers and Damage from Desk Jockey “Leadership” and Not Coaching Salespeople: This episode challenges leaders to prioritize people development and avoid getting buried in data or emails. Listen here
- Leading Through Turbulent Times + Mastering Social and Enterprise Selling: In this episode, Mike shares insights on leading through uncertainty and mastering social selling. Listen here
- Management Takeaways from My Trip to the Masters & Sales Leadership Sin #4: Mike shares management lessons from his visit to the Masters and discusses common mistakes in guidance.
- It’s Really Hard to Lead the Sales Team When You’re Buried in Crap: This episode emphasizes the importance of managers focusing on their primary job and not getting buried in unnecessary tasks. Listen here
7. The Sales Leadership Podcast
The Sales Leadership podcast, hosted by Rob Jeppsen, is a treasure trove of insights and strategies for leaders. The podcast releases new episodes regularly, ensuring a steady stream of fresh content for its listeners.
This podcast answers one crucial question: How do you create predictable, repeatable, and scalable success in business?
Each episode dives deep into the best supervisors’ and managers’ tactics and practices to drive remarkable success. Jeppsen and his guests discuss various topics, including building a winning culture, developing a strategy, and coaching and managing teams.
The podcast’s focus on real-world scenarios and concrete examples brings the concepts to life, making them more relatable and easier to implement.
Here are the top sale podcast episodes of this show.
- Oscar Torres, Global Sr. Director of Channel and Sales Transformation at Dassault Systems – Predictable Trust, Predictable Success: Oscar Torres discusses the drivers of predictability in sales and how to achieve predictable growth.
- Elizabeth Andrew, Co-Founder and President of SalesCompete – Resilience Through Intentional Reinvention: Elizabeth Andrew shares the importance of intentional reinvention for leaders.
- Rhett Nelson, Sales Director at Clozd – Using Win Loss to Improve Your Most Important Metric: Your Win Rate: Rhett Nelson talks about how win-loss assessment can help improve your win rate.
- Meyah Rose and Jonathan Mahan, Co-Founders of The Practice Lab: Deliberate Practice and The Improvement Zone: Meyah Rose and Jonathan Mahan discuss how to create “Improvement Zones” in your organization that leads to immediate improvements in performance.
Final Thoughts | Tune Into Your Sales Leadership Success
Podcasts offer a convenient, flexible, and engaging way to stay ahead of the curve.
So, why wait? Tune into the best sale podcast episodes and embark on a journey of growth and success.
Remember, the best sale leader is always learning. Are you?
A manager or supervisor must stay updated with the latest trends, strategies, and insights. Podcasts offer a convenient way to do just that.